2 August 2008

1 Aug - Summer 2008

Well, not exactly sure what to write first as i have loads in mind, hopefully they are not gone by the time i finished this sentence.. =p~

Started my day in school quite early today, well 10am is quite early for me.. heee.. Walking from Beeston to University Park is such an activity I wouldn't do in summer if I do have any other options, but unfortunately I don't! As I pass by the Hallward Library, I dropped by for a grande latte, and met Vera and Didier there also were having their coffee. With that grande latte, I walked straight to Sir Clive Granger building (where my school is located), and headed to my office in CGS (Centre for Geospatial Science). Checking email is always the first thing I do, and so today. What was there? Phewwww..!~~ Congrats from Mike for the acceptance of my Hydroinformatic conference paper. In the afternoon Stella came and wished congrats as well. I wondered, "is being accepted for such a conference that great?? what are the congrats for?" Well yeah.. Mike said it is such a great achievement that one can possibly do in my prestigious first year. I'm really happy, and of course so grateful to what Allah has given me.

And yet, another email by Bob! (Bob is my supervisor). He sent me a journal paper to be reviewed. Before I forgot, let me tell you that Bob is an international journal reviewer for various fields especially hydrology. So he asked me to do the reviews of the paper that has just been submitted from India. Wohooo... he asked me to do that?? And I replied him, saying.. "Wow this is such a big task!!". And he said "Take that as a fun project!" (Fun lah sangattt.. aduii). I actually knew what were his purposes. He wanted me to have a view of critisizing other people's work, and also to have such a critical thinking. He is such a wonderful supervisor I would say..

Whatever it is, I feel honoured!

Following picture was taken during my walk home, about 8 pm.

The view is from the UoN west gate.


..:::::..

No comments: