11 September 2009

lack in look, rich in attitude

Just had a meeting about 20 minutes ago. Not much discussed, or nothing to share really.

Bob was wearing a camouflage trousers with a tucked in long sleeve blue-white stripe shirt. Formal for upper-half, informal for bottom half. No comment but I do think that he needs a personal image consultant.

He is a very nice guy, very helpful supervisor, very entertaining friend, very kind, and on and on and on, the list goes. Might lack the look (and style) but very rich in attitude. He has got everything a student need as a supervisor. To me he is a gift, and of course he is an exception as most supervisors just don't care that much about their students.

Last Wednesday when we were in a supervision meeting,

"Are you around on Friday?" I asked.

"Let's see if I have anything to do...", he said as he picked up his diary and checked the date. Usually he is around only if he has got meetings or classes to teach. Other stuff preferred to be done at home because less distraction, he told me once. "I don't have anything written here on my Friday...."

"Owh it's okay if you are not coming,.. ", I interrupted.

"No no no, there's always a yes. So what time do you wanna meet? 2pm meeting for a 2pm person I guess?", he asked before couldn't stop himself from laughing (sempat lg perli aku.. chaittt.. haha).

"2pm it is!", smiling whilst ignoring the irony.. :p

...........................

The other day when he was on holidays,


"Hey how are you doing?", he suddenly appeared at my door.

"Not bad, but heyy why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be on leave?"

"Sort of am, came to visit you! Got a minute? I have thoughts on what you sent me last nite"

He came just to share thoughts on the work I sent him night before.


I should be grateful, and thankful to Allah. For every single thing that happens in my life...

No comments: